Why I Knit Socks
People look at me like I’m a crazy old lady when I tell them I only wear hand knit socks. (I do have store bought athletic socks for working our and a couple pair of sturdy SmartWool socks for gardening. But other than for those special purposes, I wear socks I’ve knit myself exclusively.
- They fit my feet perfectly.
- I get to decide exactly what my socks look like.
- No one else has socks exactly like mine.
- The wool absorbs sweat better than store bought socks.
- There’s a sense of accomplishment whenever I get dressed.
- Sock knitting is easy, mindless knitting that I can do while reading, listening to a friend talk, watching a movie, or riding in a car.
- Sock knitting satisfies my need to keep my hands moving.
- I know who made my socks and what material went into them. (Although the worker did get paid $0/per hour for their work.) Ha!